On May 11, 1956 the Parker Junior Woman's club began what is now the Parker Public Library. It began with a house to house campaign to collect books. People wishing to donate, left their porch light on so the ladies would know to stop for collection. A bake sale on May 5, 1956 was the first fundraiser for the Library and $16.70 was earned. At one time there was a donation of 2,000 volumes of books, that were donated by the principal of the Valley School, Mr. Joseph Le Pera. He had received the books in 1952 from the Civic Women's Club and gave the books to the Junior's project. The Lions Club came to the rescue when a building was needed to house the Library; they donated part of their youth center in the City Park (now Pop Harvey Park).The Colorado River Indian School donated 500 books; $500 came from the Board of Supervisors thanks to Glen Strom. The Parker City Council voted to give $500.00 to the six new board members known as Trustees for the Libraries Benefit. The board, named on September 14,1956, were William Hendrix, William Brennan, Mrs. Mary Carneal, Mrs. Ellen Dick, Mrs. Shirley Wilson and Mrs. Pat Gnau. Assisting with information on libraries was the Yuma Public Library. The Yuma Jr. Chamber of Commerce donated 300 books. The Junior Women's Club received the Citation Award from the Sears Roebuck Company through the Arizona Federation of Women's Clubs for their Community Improvement and Involvement. The Juniors then went on to sponsor the Arizona Repertory Theater of Phoenix for two plays with profits going to the library fund. The final big fundraiser by the Juniors was the "Follies" a Variety show featuring the entire community in different talent acts to the delight of friends and neighbors. This continued through 1962. Federal aid was secured for a new building located just across the street on the corner of Agency Road and Navajo Ave. across from the old building. Occupancy began in the new building on July 18, 1971. The Parker Junior Women's Club had the honor of serving as official hostess for the opening, where the building still stands today.